I don't make resolutions, however, I prize the blank slate that new year brings.
Don't you? Tell me what you're doing, I'd love to know.
Realizing that my website was overdue for an overhaul, I succumbed to the time-sucking endeavor to learn how to change the template for my website. And it's been no less than 60 hours of clicking, reading 'how to's', watching videos, deciding which template will do what I want or comes close to what I want.
Squarespace hosts my site.
Pros: They offer clean, well-designed templates and the option to switch templates at anytime. And your website is mobile-ready immediately
Cons: You have spend about a week or so learning about what each template does and doesn't do for you. And you must be the sort of nerd, like me, who accepts the challenge. .
Short list of other fresh news.
- Purchased some lovely notebooks from The Goulet Pen Company in Virginia. And they are truly committed to customer service. My order came wrapped to ensure that the notebooks arrived without a bruise.
I adore the way the paper feels in my Mnemosyne notebooks and the Clairefontaine, and Apica brands as well.
- Listening to The Invention of Nature by Andrea Wulf (to say I'm captivated would be an understatement).
- Purchased a few online courses and watched them on Creative Live, Creative Capital, and continued watching some TED talks and listening to my favorite podcasts.
- Organized my photos on my computer...almost there.
- Will continue to adjust and tweak my website.
- Will be in several exhibitions this year, much work to do!
- Will teach 2 mini workshops for hand stitching at MAIWA in Vancouver, BC in September, 2016.
More information to come.
For those of you who are awaiting the arrival of a fresh selection of blank scarves...
They will be in my hands by end of January.
I'll sort through, photograph, and place in my shop for you.